Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

****A Mulleavy Mashup - DIY****


I know I can't be the only one who can watch a Rodarte fashion show and not instantly feel inspired enough to create something........Right?!?!







The Ming Dynasty meets The Little House on The Prairie meets the Ancient Greek Mythology....well atleast thats my clever mash up of inspiration for the Mulleavy sisters Spring 2011 collection.  Each look was absolutely exquisite (haven't used this word in while and yet it was the first word to come to mind when looking at this collection) but my favorite item would have to be the Ming vase and wood grain inspired heels by Nicolas Kirkwood.


And after constant revisiting of the looks on Style.com I found myself inspired...




Going along with the natural feeling and neutral palette of the wood and incorporating my favorite element, the blue and white pattern, I created two fringe bracelets using porcelain beads and suede.  I also have to mention that this is my second time being compelled to create by these two lovely ladies and I know, with their amazing creative vision, it won't be the last.



P.S.  Did you know I'm having a sale on NAUGHTYBAUBLES

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...