After being inspired by Brook & Lyn's Spring 2012 collection many posts ago, I have finally gotten around to documenting the DIY. As the title suggests, this is only Part I. With so many different ideas filling my head I decided to break it up a bit...the last thing I want to do is overload you guys.
- Embroidery thread
- Leather/Suede scraps
- Sharp blade
- Ribbon clamps
- Fabric glue/ E6000
- Small pieces of glass (found at local craft store)
- Get your supplies together and cut your embroidery thread to the length that you like. I chose 5 colors and used all 5 twice.
- Use one of the ribbon clamps to hold together the strands on one side. A dollop of fabric glue works well here as it keeps all the threads together.
- Cut out your shapes and on one piece of the leather, using your sharp blade, create the window where the mirror will peek through
- Glue the mirror to the bottom leather piece
- Return to your embroidery thread and twist the strands together. While remaining twisted, use your last ribbon clamp to secure it.
- With the the rope now created, center the bottom leather piece with the glass underneath your rope. Line up the top leather piece over the rope and glue.
- Add your necklace clasps and rock your new fabulous necklace...even if it is a bit early.
Although the circle has its own allure, try playing around with other shapes for a more modern look and stay tuned for more Brook & Lyn fun...
**beware of glue residue and allow your piece to dry thoroughly. if you're feeling anxious ( like I was) its best to wait so you don't ruin your hard work..lol**