Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

****Lessons & Freja****





Came across these amazing snapshots of Freja for Numero from 2009 and it seemed almost entirely to perfect for a lesson that a certain sales associate should learn.  Wearing my favorite glittery gold oxfords (see here) that I grabbed at Macys for only $7, a sales associate came up to me and complimented the shoes. Before he could even finish the compliment he immediately asked "Oh are those Toms..." to which I replied "Uh no, I got these from Macys..."

...
...
....

To say that his fashion smitten face dropped faster than a baking cake in a room full of toddlers would be an understatement.  It was as if I told him I found them in trash just now...which if I had seen these babies in a relatively non-stinky trash I would have pulled them out...and he had caught a whiff of someone's moldy leftovers.  Since when did Macys become the epitome of super cheap attire.  Scratch that, when did it become fashionably irresponsible to wear something out of one of the oldest shopping establishments. Mind you I was standing within the four walls of Ralph Lauren but I still feel the response was completely distasteful.

But as for the lesson...

If you can't decipher a private label department store brand from a currently over hyped, seen everywhere brand then maybe...just maybe the brand really isn't all its cracked up to be. Because it should be instantly recognizable without a question

I'm just saying...

End Rant....

2 comments:

Mikimoto Angel said...

Wow, gold oxfords! I actually don't know her but I will research about her background. She seems nice. She's gorgeous. I like her pixie hair cut. :-)

Much love from Mystic Nymph.

Lara Domínguez said...

i really love the photos!!:D
i hope that you visit my blog and post! :D xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...