I have a twisted love affair with affair with Barneys. Being that I am not a frequent charger (rather not one at all since I don't have any) nor am I attached to any significant amount of wealth, my frequent trips to their locations and website always end with me empty handed. I'll touch, dream and even try on but very rarely to I splurge.....even upon entering their outlet locations and seeing Balmain at an additional 40% off the already steeply discounted goods. However I still go back time and time again. While browsing the jewelry section online one day I put tons of images into DIY Inspiration folder and my first project up is my version of the lovely Raffia Mask and Flower Earrings from Lanvin.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pearls, Gemstones or any other smaller beads you have
- Jump Rings
- Eye Pins
- Earring Posts
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Round Nose Pliers
- Jump Rings
WHAT TO DO:
- Begin cutting off small sections of the raffia and tie around your jump ring
- Continue until whole jump ring is covered and their is very little give between strips.
- Now keep going until 4 jump rings are bursting with raffia
- Trim those wild ends
- Use another jump ring to attach two of the raffia circles together.
- Gather your chosen beads and get to adding a bit of glam
- Attaching the beads can be difficult depending on how thick the raffia base is but a little bit of trial and error with your round nose pliers will help you find the right width of the loop
- As you attach your beads, take some time to fluff up your raffia and create the right amount of character
Just about all of these supplies were already hiding out in my various craft boxes so that is why I chose to use all black raffia. I will definitely be making another pair using lighter colors and different beads. As with so many DIY's the possibilities are endless so get creative and have fun if you give it try. Also feel free to send over some pics of your project and I will definitely showcase them!!!