Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

****Just Follow The Stars - Brand Musings****



Outside of loving everything about Erin Wasson's style, I am particularly fond of the delicate gold star necklace she' wearing in this recent editorial for S Moda Magazine.  A few weekends back me and my best friend headed to NYC and we put a major dent in our wallets on beads.  Its funny how I will come across some sort of jewelry block after a while but the minute I buy even just one new strand of beads, or in this case over $100 worth, I find myself using the oldest beads in my arsenal in completely new ways.  Unfortunately I don't seem to have small gold star beads and until I find the perfect pair I figured it couldn't hurt to track down the featured necklace.....just in case.  

Despite the language barrier of the credits I managed to single out the star necklace and determined its from a brand based out of Spain called Malababa.  They carry an extensive line of look finishing products including shoes, handbags and belts but I found it extremely difficult to venture away from the baubles.  Every necklace, bracelet or pair of earrings became instantly loved and I can see exactly why they chose to use the label in the editorial.  










Founded in 1997 by Ana Carrasco and Jaime Lara, the company began seeing growth from 2000 to 2003 after taking part in a number of fairs and Madrid Fashion Weeks.  Soon they went international and in 2010 opened their first physical location in Madrid. Although finding a location in the US that carries the brand proved to be difficult you can apparently shop the collection at Coclico in Manhatten.  Not close?  Don't worry they offer international shipping through their online store.  And in the spirit of shopping, here's my wishlist....


 Buttery soft calf skin leather teamed with rugged linen, pastel shades blended metallics and metal studded wood.  Perfect pairings made in heaven all found on account of a faint trail of stars...

Happy Shopping!!!!


2 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow, this line is beautiful! I'm always looking for the lesser known, new to me brands...the bag is gorgeous!

Aesthetic Lounge

Gillian Uang said...

Loving this post and loving your blog! Followed you :)

http://bydetails.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...