Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

****DIY Sundays on Mondays****


My DIY Sunday project being posted on Monday.....




Okay so last Sunday I mentioned that each Sunday I planned on posting a DIY project that I did and well its only the second Sunday and already I've managed to mess it up....so typical.  However I do have a really good reason why.....I took on the 500 yr project.  But first I will talk about the scarf I did that morning. 

Some time ago I bought chocolate brown jersey cotton from the store with the intention of making some really amazing scarf.  I wasn't sure at the time what I wanted to do with it but I knew whatever it was, it would be a scarf.  So after recently finding the material I figured what better time than now to make it.  I just knotted the fabric up and placed it in the tub and then began to pour bleach over the fabric.  As I poured it, it didn't take to all the fabric and I then went back over it with a spray bottle filled with bleach and saturated certain areas.  As I continued I noticed the bleach affecting certain areas and when I felt that the color was right I rinsed the fabric in cold water to set in the changes but stop anymore from happening.  As I rinsed it off I began to untie it and once completely rinsed and wrung out I let it dry hanging on a hanger in the tub. 







As the scarf dried, I stepped out seeing as I though staying couped up in the house just didn't seem right.  You can see what I wore here.  When I came back from doing really nothing and realized the scarf wasn't completely dry, I put it in the dryer and went on the lovely Google machine to find another DIY project for next Sunday satisfied with my first project. Satisfied that was until I cam across Childhood Flames DIY tutorial on how to create a perfectly shredded t-shirt.  I rummaged through my wardrobe for t-shirt I thought would look great shredded and started in.  About 1hr in I ruined the first shirt and had to start another one.  It was at this time I remembered my first DIY project in the dryer and ran to the basement to get it.  I got comfortable and dove back in.  Next thing you knew it was almost time for my boyfriend to come and our HBO Sundays to start so I put it away until the next day. 

A snapshot of Childhood Flames' project


Following along not only with the step by step but her video











As you can see I didn't get very far before I packed things up but I have been busily working on it today.....in fact I really should be working on it now but I wanted to take time and explain why it wasn't posted yesterday.....Its a good thing I am on vaca this week so I can actually get it done.

Stay tuned............

P.S. I'm realizing you can see my toe separators in the pics.I was having a toe nail crisis yesterday as I painted them one color...the light blue seen above....and then hated it so I painted them a smokey grayish light purple only to go back to the light blue this morning only adding more layers so that the color was more substantial.....hahaha

2 comments:

emily said...

i love the effect! i've been wanting to bleach some of my clothing like that...

Unknown said...

I think that is unique! word up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...