Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

****Get Cookin****



Just enjoying a full stomach after a big breakfast and a small break before I get back into the kitchen to work on dinner.  Its just me and my better half this Thanksgiving as the new position at work requires me to be much more of a retail slave.  Worked late last night to get ready for tomorrow and I go in super early for a long, arduous and slightly exciting 12hr shift.  Its been over a week since my last post but now that the kick off to the holiday shopping season has come, and technically for me gone, I will resume blog normalcy.  Hope everyone has a great day spent with loved ones and remember to get some rest before joining the rest of the world in the annual fight for savings.  Planning will be your best defense so make sure you know what you want and where it is located and have all your coupons and cards handy.  Niceness will be thrown out the window and courtesy will turn into an 8 letter word no one will know. Outside of that remember its not all ending if you don't get that 14 inch 3D portable gizmo for $29.99 that each store only got a dozen of.  It will be on sale next week for only a bit more.... 

As for the snapshot, courtesy of Fashion Gone Rogue, its from the Barneys Holiday 2010 Catalog featuring Kirsi Pyrhonen.  And why did I choose this you ask?  Well this past weekend I ventured down to the outlets and as usual walked right into my heaven....Barneys.  With a ton of designers from Chloe to Lanvin to Balenciaga to Louboutins the selection was beautiful and the price made it fantastic.  Everything was an additional 40% off the ticketed price and...well...who could resist that.  Next stop was the Off 5th Ave store with a more impressive round up of shoes.  Normally they offer their fair share of L.A.M.B., Sam Edelman, and Kors but this time we saw ACNE, Margiela and Elizabeth and James.  

Take a moment...

I know I couldn't believe it either....

Breathe...

Good, so what I am trying to say is that instead of standing in line at your local mall with all the others why not make it a special event, like Black Friday should be, and hit up your local outlet mall with a gaggle of your friends and family.  I say gaggle so that upon entering say Donna Karen, you all can spread out like a well trained ninja clan and grab everything of interest only to meet in a central location 15 minutes later with your finds.  It will be sooo worth it, trust me.


Till the next post....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...