Okay, so this DIY has been swirling around in my inspiration folder forever.....literally since Issue 11 of ARISE Magazine. In the mag's fashion spread Great Plains I came across the above snapshot and couldn't help but notice the striking necklace duo fashioned out of coin purse findings. I loved the idea and since that day it has been on the list of to-do's and this weekend I've finally just gotten around to making it.
The original design is from Patricia Nicolas (seen above) and is so fantastic. Luckily its a very simple idea to recreate and my local Jo Anns has a lovely section dedicated to making your own handbags. Follow below and make your own...
B U Y T H I S :
- Coin purse finding
- Two different chains (chunky and delicate)
- Jump rings
- Flat nose pliers
- Simple charm
- Line up your chain with the coin purse clasp
- Begin connecting the chain to the clasp where traditionally you would sew the actual bag to it. It took about 20 jump rings to fully connect the chain and I only did one side.
- Adjust the chain to your desired length
- Connect the thinner chain to the charm and then connect that piece to the necklace
- And congrats your done
Its super easy and would make a great gift for the Bestie this gift giving season...seeing as it is right on us.