Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

DIY Vintage Purse Necklace



Okay, so this DIY has been swirling around in my inspiration folder forever.....literally since Issue 11 of ARISE Magazine.  In the mag's fashion spread Great Plains I came across the above snapshot and couldn't help but notice the striking necklace duo fashioned out of coin purse findings.  I loved the idea and since that day it has been on the list of to-do's and this weekend I've finally just gotten around to making it. 


The original design is from Patricia Nicolas (seen above) and is so fantastic.  Luckily its a very simple idea to recreate and my local Jo Anns has a lovely section dedicated to making your own handbags.  Follow below and make your own...

B U Y  T H I S :
  • Coin purse finding
  • Two different chains (chunky and delicate)
  • Jump rings
  • Flat nose pliers
  • Simple charm
N O W  D O   T H I S :
  • Line up your chain with the coin purse clasp
  • Begin connecting the chain to the clasp where traditionally you would sew the actual bag to it.  It took about 20 jump rings to fully connect the chain and I only did one side.
  • Adjust the chain to your desired length 
  • Connect the thinner chain to the charm and then connect that piece to the necklace
  • And congrats your done
  






Its super easy and would make a great gift for the Bestie this gift giving season...seeing as it is right on us.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...